Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Helmet Bag or Handbag??

Today while researching men's canvas backpack construction I stopped in the Army Surplus store and found this Nylon Flyer's Helmet Bag. What a perfect portfolio tote!! I couldn't leave without it. There is something about the smell of that store that brings me back to summer holidays on Cape Cod with my family. Maybe it was the mold or perhaps the sea of overflowing O.D. gear. Each summer we would drive out to Provincetown from West Dennis for a day of whale watching, beach combing, lobster eating and army-navy surplus shopping. I'm only guessing but is seems that someone from Hayden-Harnett took a stroll down memory lane too. This Helmet Bag looks to be the inspiration for their Ibiza bag below.

Rothco - $21.98

Hayden-Harnett's Ibiza Convertible Flight Tote, Olive - $198

No comments:

Post a Comment